[postgis-devel] Pg13 upgrade issues?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Sep 11 02:33:34 PDT 2020

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 04:23:48PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> Yap and I think strk created one his strk ingenious idea fixes to fix that.  In a pull request https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/pulls/45

Right, and did not commit because I didn't like that hack very much
if we have a better way. A possibly better way would be to simply
have `CREATE EXTENSION postgis*` deal with packaging, without the
need to append the "FROM UNPACKAGED". Right now if you try you
get a failure because the extension creation code DOES detect
presence of unpackaged functions and bails out. Instead of bailing
out it could package them... But I didn't find the time to try
such implementation

--strk;