[postgis-devel] weblate msgmerge addon removed

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jan 20 04:09:29 PST 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 11:01:19AM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
> > FYI: I uninstalled the 'msgmerge' addon on Weblate, because:
>
> I just removed the plugin from reference_output as well.

It would be nice to improve management of these addons,
maybe worth a ticket to reduce the number of compontents.
Ideally it would be a SINGLE component (PostGIS Manual),
don't you think so ? I've found http://itstool.org/ stating
it would be able to do so (produce a single .pot from a set
of .xml files) - if we learn how to use it, it could replace
xml2pot and po2xml in our workflow.

> I assume we want to remove the gettext one as well?

I'm not sure, maybe not, if it will help keeping translation
strings below a given number of columns. Line wrapping helps
reading changes between commits and we also hope for it to
be able to give us a "normalization" of formatting so that
our `make update-po` will not engage in a style war with
weblate operations.

--strk;