[postgis-devel] ST_ConcaveHull in GEOS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Jan 25 14:38:34 PST 2022

Hey all,
The native ST_ConcaveHull in GEOS is in GEOS main now, so I have hooked it up into PostGIS in this branch

https://github.com/pramsey/postgis/tree/master-concavehull

Under this function for now.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION _ST_GEOSConcaveHull(
  geom geometry,
  area_ratio float8,
  allow_holes boolean DEFAULT false)

I would like to just flip the old ST_ConcaveHull out and replace it with the new one, for folks with GEOS 3.11+, but I figured an interval to look at them side by side for a while on a test branch might be appreciated. Currently the case of point inputs is worth looking at. Polygon inputs that respect the polygon are (hull doesn't cross interior of input polygon) coming down the line.