[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Circle CI signup for Free plan

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 22 12:04:24 PDT 2023

So it seems Github CI does not support ARM yet.

The docker-postgis sub-group wants to start shipping ARM docker containers
and the easiest route for that would be to use CircleCI.

CicleCI does have a free tier for open source usage -
https://circleci.com/docs/credits/#open-source-credit-usage
Haven't check how much we get for that.

I'm assuming we get 6000 build minutes for that -
https://circleci.com/pricing/

It isn't so pressing for PostGIS core project to use it since we already
have ARM testing via the Berrie and Berrie64
We also have Cirrhus already testing for MacOS and FreeBSD (though that
needs to be beefed up to reenable the postgis_topology extension for MacOS)

+1  for signing up for Circle CI

Also if anyone has any comments about Circle CI, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Regina