[postgis-devel] ST_ApproxQuantile, should we keep it ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Aug 30 12:58:17 PDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 10:57:31AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> Yah Sandro has created a new toy to expose all those things you never heard
> of.
> Watch out, many more coming I fear.

I'm trying to stop it, please help!
So far the toy only stresses out functions whose name starts with "st_",
which means many old signatures will go unnoticed.

The idea is to pretend all public functions were used (in a view)
at the time of upgrade. What isn't easy is telling which functions
are "public" and which not. I've been thinking about using the
documentation, maybe via functino comments (commented functions are
public functions I guess?).

This specific ST_ApproxQuantile anyway is undocumented, despite its
nice-looking name. It was brought to us by Bborie, now in Cc.

--strk;