[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 3.4.1, 3.3.5, 3.2.6, 3.1.10, 3.0.10 in about a week

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Nov 13 12:34:37 PST 2023

It's been more than 6 months since we've done micro releases and 3.4.0 came
out in August.  I'd like to push out micro releases for all sometime the end
of this week or early next.

Since then,

3.4.1 has piled on quite a few fixes -
https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/raw/branch/stable-3.4/NEWS
(and yes there are many more marked I'll be pushing to next milestone before
release time if no one addresses them before then) -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reope
ned&group=status&milestone=PostGIS+3.4.1

Of most concern to me is this one, which I will test out and mark as closed
before release
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5525

Also in other NEWS GEOS had micro releases just a couple of days ago -
https://libgeos.org/usage/download/

And PostgreSQL came out with it's micro releases just last week -
https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-161-155-1410-1313-1217-and-
1122-released-2749/

With all that in mind, while people are still in the upgrade zone, I'd like
to release PostGIS micros in about it week.  ImreSamu (postgis-docker
maintainer) also noted that GEOS 3.12.1 does not regress cleanly with
PostGIS 3.4.0, so a PostGIS 3.4.1 is needed to fix that issue.

+1 for micro release

Thanks,
Regina