[postgis] Installation on Windows 2000 using Cygwin

Doug Van Auken dougvanauken at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 18 16:51:01 PST 2001

Figured out the problem: I was extracting the binary with WinZip, which destroyed the symlink.  I recreated the link using:
$ ln -s /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres.exe /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster

see: http://archives2.us.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2001-05/msg00019.php

Now, I have another problem:

If I type in any command such as \l or "select * from item", I get "less: not found."

Does anyone know what this is about?