[postgis-users] Installing PostGIS

Robert W. Burgholzer rburgholzer at maptech-inc.com
Thu Jul 29 14:41:07 PDT 2004

Not real experienced myself, but are you un-packing the postgis source tree
inside /usr/local/psql/contrib/?

If so, you need to be in the postgresql source directory under contrib.
This would require that the postgresql be installed from source, or at
least have a source tree. See:
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/c59.html

Sorry if I am totally off here,

r.b.

At 01:08 PM 7/29/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello,
>Rookie question.  I'm installing PostGIS (postgis-0.8.2.tar.gz)  with the
>PostgreSQL 7.4.2  on Fedora 2.  I'm getting a "make" error when running
>/usr/share/pgsql/contib.
>
>I've looked at the RPMs but there doesn't seem to be one for PostgreSQL
>7.4.2.
>
>Makefile:38: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
>Makefile:160: /src/Makefile.shlib: No such file or directory
>make: *** No rule to make target `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.
>
>Any ideas?
>Thanks,
>
>Eric

Robert Burgholzer