[postgis-users] ArcGIS/ArcView client to the PostGIS?

Carlos Gonçalves carlosfgo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:37:32 PDT 2005

Hi Paul.
>>>If you like Java, and you want PostGIS connectivity, try uDig. But
>>>you specified ArcView/ArcGIS...?
>>>P.
Yes, I like Java.
A question on uDig. It has an internationalized version? Portuguese?
It has possibility to use plug-ins developed for the JUMP? Raster?
But my problem is that I have to know if exists a solution that makes
possible clients ArcGIS/ArcView if to connect to the PostGIS to read and
writer?
The problem :
It has a project where the users use ArcGIS/ArcView licenses mono-users, the
demand of the project is to pass all them to layer and data it PostGIS and
to make with that the customers pass to have access to the PostGIS.
For this necessary of a connection between clients ArcGIS/ArcView and the
PostGIS that reads and writes in the base.

Thank you

--
Carlos F. Gonçalves
"E não há salvação em nenhum outro; porque abaixo do céu não existe nenhum

Center for Metropolitan Studies (Centro de Estudos da Metropole).
Know the Metropolitan Region of São Paulo (Conheça a Região Metropolitana
de São Paulo).
http://www.mapas.centrodametropole.org.br/servidormapas/html/index.html
For the good operation of this application, it is necessary to have
installed in yours computer the plug-in Adobe SVG Viewer (Para o bom
funcionamento deste aplicativo, é necessário ter instalado em seu
computador o plug-in Adobe SVG Viewer).
Português:
http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html