[postgis-users] Amoeba Hulls

William Andersen wkandersen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 13:14:51 PDT 2006

Steve,

I think you are onto something.

There are exactly 101 points in each of the polygons in the (small) sample
set that I have.

When i get a little more time i'll plot these with 3.6 degree wedges and see
if anything jumps out at me.

My working theory is that there are a set of rules determining what happens
at each control point. In some cases it's pretty simple as we have enough
points to pick one that includes the 80% points but not the 20% points. In
other cases it seems to be extrapolated from the neighboring points using
some kind of fitted curve.

Will