[postgis-users] Install postgis on a different schema

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 9 02:25:14 PDT 2009

Andrea,
Yes. But its kind of slow when doing joins and can't use spatial index so
wouldn't recommend it.

To do that I use db_link but its best just for small returns or for bulk
inserts.

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/44-Using-DbLink-to
-access-other-PostgreSQL-Databases-and-Servers.html

Hope that helps,
Regina

  _____