[postgis-users] rasters not read

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Tue Jan 4 08:10:13 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 04/01/2011 alle 16.41 +0100, Jorge Arévalo ha scritto:
>
>> Could you told me the PostGIS Raster versions used to create both dbs?
>
> I compile from svn. The two versions are from 23 december (working) and
> today (not working)
>
>> If you can't, at least the commands used to create the db that is
>> causing you problems
>
> I create the db with the usual sequence:
>
> createdb yourdatabase
> psql -d yourdatabase -f postgis/postgis.sql
> psql -d yourdatabase -f doc/postgis_comments.sql
> psql -d yourdatabase -f spatial_ref_sys.sql
> psql -d yourdatabase -f raster/rt_pg/rtpostgis.sql
> psql -d yourdatabase -f doc/raster_comments.sql
>
> then
>
> python raster2pgsql.py -r w001001.adf -t dtm_rt -l 1 -k 64x64 -o
> dtm_rt.sql -s 3003 -I -M
>
> (same with other rasters).
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> http://www.faunalia.it/pc

So, correct me if I'm wrong...

You compiled PostGIS from trunk and did the same sequence

createdb yourdatabase
psql -d yourdatabase -f postgis/postgis.sql
psql -d yourdatabase -f doc/postgis_comments.sql
psql -d yourdatabase -f spatial_ref_sys.sql
psql -d yourdatabase -f raster/rt_pg/rtpostgis.sql
psql -d yourdatabase -f doc/raster_comments.sql

python raster2pgsql.py -r w001001.adf -t dtm_rt -l 1 -k 64x64 -o
dtm_rt.sql -s 3003 -I -M

(I suppose after that you did psql -d yourdatabase -f drm_rt.sql)

You did it on December 23rd and today. And with the same version of
GDAL, you tried to transform the PostGIS Raster in a TIFF file. With
the db created on 23rd it worked, but with the db created today, it
doesn't.

Could you send me the original files you loaded in PostGIS?

Best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS