[postgis-users] Select polygons within polygon with PostGIS 2.0

Francois Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Wed Oct 10 02:15:08 PDT 2012

Hello,

I don't know how your differents layers has been made but your problem certainly rely on difference with boundaries even if there are very little different and just one point not into the county, your district will not be select.

If you want to correct that you could use a buffer (st_within(o.geom,st_buffer(k.geom,XX)) big enough to correct the little differences of the boundaries but not too big although you may select too many districts.

Hugues.