[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3 and MobilityDB

Esteban Zimanyi esteban.zimanyi at ulb.be
Sat Jul 10 05:36:31 PDT 2021

Dear Paul

Since you mention geodetic functions, we implemented a year ago some
geography functions to be submitted as PR to PostGIS but we haven't had
time to do it. These functions are geography_closestpoint,
geography_shortestline, geography_line_substring,
geography_line_interpolate_point, and geography_line_locate_point. You can
find these functions at the following address
https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB/blob/develop/point/src/geography_functions.c

It may be useful to have such functionality in PostGIS.

Regards

Esteban